How to Convince Your Boss That You Should Attend WC2015
Need help convincing your boss that you should attend IUPESM World Congress 2015 ?
Here are some suggestions:
- “Here’s why” letter: Use this letter to tell your supervisor why it’s important for you to attend (e.g., help your facility increase productivity, network with peers and students from around the world)
- Letter of invitation: This letter from the Congress co-chairs David Jaffray (Medical Physics) and Tony Easty (Biomedical Engineering) invites you to attend and explains why you should be there.
- Speaker list: Show your boss the list of invited plenary and continuing education speakers to demonstrate the breadth and diversity of the program
- More ideas: Offer to take notes to share learning with colleagues; commit to a “lunch ‘n learn” for you department.
- Project help: Emphasize how you can learn from peers who have overcome the same project challenges you’re facing. The networking break conversations and session discussions are great for project networking that will save time and money.
- Exhibits: Use the IUPESM WC2015 exhibit list to show your boss a great opportunity to network with valuable contacts and to see the latest technology in the Exhibit Hall.
- Accreditation: The Continuing Education Program of the IUPESM World Congress 2015 will be accredited. The Continuing Education Program of the IUPESM World Congress 2015 will be accredited. The WC2015 Continuing Education Program has applied to The Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Program (CAMPEP) for approval of 93 MPCEC credits, and attendance at the Continuing Education Program sessions can be used for points towards Clinical Engineering Certification Renewal.
- Member and Student Discounts: Take advantage of discounted rates if you are a student or a member of an affiliated society of IOMP or IFMBE.
And remember the World Congress only happens every three years, so don’t miss out! We hope your supervisor will agree that your attendance is necessary, and we look forward to seeing you in Toronto!